Florence was Amazing

So, I shared some pictures we took while in Florence but I wanted to tell ya'll a little of what all we did! We took the train Saturday morning to Florence from Sacile. Sacile is about 20 mins from our house. The train ride was 3 and 1/2 hours total with one change over in Venice Mestre. Nicks friends from work happened to be going as well so we rode their coattails making sure we got on the right train. :)

The first thing we went to see on Saturday was the statue of David. It was simply amazing! I never knew much about it..just that it was a famous, naked statue. Well it was created my Micheal Angelo. It is David from the bible with a sling in one hand and a rock in the other. They say it looks like he is sizing up Golieth and I agree. I was so amazed by how detailed he is. Everything about the statue looks so real. He even had the veins sticking up out of his hands like most men have. I found this intresting too...the huge piece of marble that David was created out of was considered useless and flawed to all the artists it was offered to at that time. But, M.A. made it into a priceless piece of art that is still admired today! Nick snapped this quick photo..it was a big no no to take pictures!
We walked around town and saw some of the sights...




 We went to dinner at a place right beside our hotel. Nick had veal and I had stuffed raveolli filled with spinach and ricotta cheese. YUM!

On Sunday we got up early and hit the Ufizzi. It's one of the largest and oldest art galleries in Italy. It took almost 3 hours to walk through. We saw some really great pieces of art!We were'nt allowed to take photos but I have gathered some from the internet so you will have an idea of what we saw.
After that we met up with the friends on the train and ate sandwiches on the steps of the Duomo Cathedral. After lunch we climbed 416 steps to the top of the Bell Tower. We went to dinner at a really yummy place and I had pear stuffed shells for dinner..they were even better than my meal the night before!
On Monday we met up with friends and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe! We were so excited to eat cheeseburgers! They were sooooo good! We walked around town and were hounded by several gypsies..UGH! They are relentless! On the the way home at our change over in Mestre we ate at a Japanese/Korean restraunt..that's were I had my squid leg. :)
Florence by far has been the best out of Verona, and Venice. If you ever get a chance to come to Italy Florence needs to be on your list.

Popular Posts