Beef Stew

Mrs. Rita McCone gave me this cook book as a wedding gift. It's called "Anyone Can Cook" The recipes are great and it is very easy to follow without too many ingridents to fool with.
This beef stew calls for cornbread dumplins on the top..thats what intrested me the most..cornbread yummm!
The Recipe for the stew part!
This is my stove and the stew just cookin' way :)

Here are the directions..
Brown the meat in cooking oil.
Add the seasonings,garlic, mustard, tomatoe sause and diced tomotoes with the juice, and beef broth.
Bring all that to a boil then put on simmer for one hour.

Then add in the carrots, onion, and potatoes.
Bring to boil...then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes

Stir in green beans. Bring to boil then reduce heat.
Drop dumpling mixture from a large spoon into small mounds on top of stew.
Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until dumplings are done.

Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving

Cornmeal Dumplings: Medium bowl stir together one 8 1.2 ounce pack of corn muffin mix, 1/2 chedder cheddar cheese,  and 1/4 cup sliced green onion.
Stir in one lightly beaten egg and 1/4 cup of sour cream. The batter will be thick.

Problems I encountered..
I halfed the recipe and while I was blogging I smelled something burning.
 Since I had it simmering for an hour and only had half the amount in the pot it evaporated.
So if you half the recipe only simmer half the time in the first step.
I have added in more of everything so I hope it turns out okay haha
We shall see...

Popular Posts